Billing & Payment Assistance
Cold Weather Rule Program
KCP&L's Cold Weather Rule helps customers with delinquent accounts avoid loss of service during the coldest months of the year. The program begins on November 1st and remains in effect through March 31, each year. Participation is simple:
- If you are worried about paying your bill in full, call our Customer Contact Center at (816) 471-5275 or 1 (888) 471-5275 toll-free and ask for a Cold Weather Payment Program plan.
- You will be asked to make an initial payment and continue making monthly payments for the next 11 months. This allows you to manage your past due and current amount due over the next 11 months.
- Cold Weather Program payment options are also available for customers whose service has been disconnected. For inquiries, call Customer Contact Center.
- Note: It is important to remain current in this program. If you are removed from the program due to non payment, your first bill after leaving the program will include your deferred account balance, resulting in a larger bill.
In addition to offering the Cold Weather Program, KCP&L will not disconnect electric service on a day when the 24-hour weather forecast predicts temperatures to drop below 32˚ F in Missouri or when the 48-hour weather forecast predicts temperatures to drop below 35˚ F in Kansas. This program is in accordance with state commission rules.
For more information about these programs, email Customer Service, or call a representative at
(816) 471-5275 or 1 (888) 471-5275 toll-free.