KCP&L Demand Response Incentive (MPower)
How it Works
Demand Response Incentive provides an annual payment just for agreeing to be "on call" to reduce your usage by a fixed amount, if requested by KCP&L. You can earn even more for each additional time you are asked to reduce your usage and successfully do so.
KCP&L will help you identify your estimated peak demand and your firm power level - the maximum you could comfortably maintain during a curtailment. This difference is called your "curtailable load" - the amount used to calculate your credits. Credits vary depending on the term of your contract and your curtailable load. To be eligible for the program, you must be able to provide a minimum seasonal reduction of 25 kW.
A variety of flexible options to suit your business:
- Payment for reducing load and helping KCP&L maintain electric system reliability
- Option of one-, three- and five-year contracts
- Limited peak day hours between noon and 10 p.m.
- Minimum four hours advance notice of curtailment with courtesy day-ahead notice
- Best of all - you're paid even if we don't call on you
For information on how to participate with MPower, contact the Business Center.
Contact your Energy Consultant
at 816 221-2323