Building Operator Certification (BOC)
What is it?
BOC is a professional development program for building operators and maintenance staff which offers a series of seven courses on energy-efficient and resource-efficient operation of buildings. Successful completion of these courses qualifies you for certification.
The goal of the program is to train individuals responsible for day-to-day operations to achieve measurable energy savings in the operation of buildings. Visit Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance for more information on the program.
KCP&L can help with training rebates
For KCP&L customers, tuition for the BOC program is only $1,150 for each training series. KCP&L will help offset the cost by offering a $575 rebate for qualifying students made payable to the party that pays the initial tuition.
To qualify for the rebate, you must:
- Be associated with at least one commercial property receiving electrical service from KCP&L
- Successfully complete the certification process
- Submit completed request form to KCP&L within specified time frame
State Energy Sector Partnership Grant Application Process(Kansas residents or Customers working in Kansas)
The Kansas Department of Commerce has been awarded nearly $6 million to carry out an energy sector training partnership supporting its strategies for renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Customer registers online for BOC course series
- Customer fills out BOC Application for Funding.
- Customer sends completed application via e-mail, fax or U.S. Postal Service to:
Kansas Department of Commerce
Special Projects Coordinator
1000 SW Jackson, Ste 100
Topeka, KS 66612
- If the potential participant is deemed eligible, the Kansas Department of Commerce approves the application and contacts the customer and the Local Workforce Investment Area.
- The Local Workforce Investment Area contacts customer to get a contract signed.
- The Local Workforce Investment Area sends a $575 check to Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) for training expense.
For more information on tuition rebates for KCP&L customers, contact your company's Energy Consultant or contact the Energy Efficiency Hotline at (800) 541-2475.