We offer utility infrastructure development, curtailment credits and infrastructure incentives to new and existing businesses.
Economic Development Rider Discount
In addition to low-cost rates, KCP&L provides an Economic Development Rider (EDR) discount for qualifying customer expansions or new projects. The purpose of the EDR is to encourage industrial and commercial business development in our service territory. This rider provides a qualifying company savings through a discounted rate on the customer's bill over five years:
- 30 percent discount during the first year of use;
- 25 percent in the second year;
- 20 percent the third year;
- 15 percent in the fourth year, and
- 10 percent during the last year.
In the KCP&L Missouri tariff area, this discounted rate is not available during the three summer months.
Criteria for the EDR include the following:
- Load factor of 50 percent (KCP&L - KS/MO) and 55 percent (KCP&L Greater MO)
- Load minimum of 200 kW (KCP&L - KS/MO) and 250 kW (KCP&L Greater MO)
- New or expanded load must be separately metered
- This is applicable only for the following base rates - SGS, MGS, LGS, LPS, SGA, MGA or LGA
- A company cannot be involved in any retail activity at the facility (no direct selling or providing services to the public)
- No load shifting within the same KCP&L tariff territory
- The company must receive a separate government incentive for the project
A completed EDR application needs to be returned before any public announcements are made should you decide to receive electrical service from KCP&L.
Energy Efficiency Programs
Whether you're building a new business or evaluating ways that your existing business can better manage energy consumption and cost, KCP&L can help every step of the way. Our simple, energy-efficiency programs are as gentle on the environment as they are on your wallet.